Lots to catch up on where do I start? Guess we can start were I left off eh? Well my last post about what was going on was in Feb... so we can start from there. George and I decided that our living together was not working out, we gave it a shot but we just didn't mesh being in the same house. I like things a certain way, as does he, does not make one persons way right or wrong, the two just didn't work under the same roof.
Thought maybe things would be better between us when I moved out but they were not, so, hopefully, at the very least, we can remain friends. Hard to say. I know right now any time I say anything about the kids he feels I am dissing him and his job as a parent. I know I am NOT a parent but I don't think in the parent handbook it ever said things would be easy, that your kids would like everything about you or love everything you make them do.. I do know that you can not be the custodial full time parent and parent with the weekend parent mentality just because you don't want you kids to hate you. Its not that they hate YOU rather the decision you made for them and yes sometimes that decision has to be no phone, no TV, no internet until grades are brought up or rooms picked up...
sadly, even though he thinks different, I really and truly only want the best for both Caitlin and Colin. I see so much potential but I'm afraid that potential could be over looked because someone might not give them a 2nd chance because of grades - he likes to comment on how our trainer, who is a VERY smart and bright woman, can be perceived by others as being just a dumb bodybuilder because she is not the worlds greatest speller and yes that is very true, but how do you think others are going to perceive your own children when they look at grades and such when its time for them to hit the work world or become (hopefully) college bound? Or what freshman teacher or 8th grade teacher this coming year might not even give them a 2nd thought because of their grades? Well I can't chance it, I can only keep them in my prayers that they will do better and before its too late.
So I moved into my apartment in March, with Georges help both physically and financially. I haven't done a lot to it, pictures on the wall, that type of stuff, cause well I've been broke and I was pretty in the thick of training for the competition and it was gym, work, gym, home, plus it was the height of tax season at the Schreiber Group too... Funny I thought previously there would be NO way I could prepare for a competition during tax season, but it wound up just the opposite... It forced me to focus and keep a tight schedule so I could get it all in.
Competition day came OHGOSH it was such a fab. day. I gained so much working with Jennifer Abrams. I know I've said it before but I've got to say it again, this lady knows her shit.. She trains the entire person. She just does not spit out eat this, lift that, do this, don't do that... Nope she learns who YOU are, what motivates YOU and what motivates one may not another, but she learns this about every single client and gears the training with them based on those parameters. She KNEW instinctively what I needed and when, both mentally and physically, its amazing, she is amazing! If I could change one thing about Jen.....it would be her lack of ability to be on time...while for me, when she was 20 minutes late to a training session it didn't matter, I got my full hour with her and I didn't have to be anywhere else on Thursdays, it might put someone else off and I'd hate for anyone to miss out on her great skills as a personal trainer because she can't be on time... Not everyone will have nothing planned for the rest of their day and lets face it being on time it just being respectful of someone else's time.. We are ALL late on occasion, Jen is 99% of the time late, but she is juggling lots of stuff too... Like I said for me, at the time, no big deal.
I was a smidge depressed after the competition. I mean there is all this build up to this one day and BAM it comes, it goes so fast, then the next day there is nothing. Kinda like a wedding, or Christmas day for me. But I managed to keep it in check this time, I have NOT gained 50 pounds. I seem to be holding steady at 5 to 10 pounds above show day and that is quite respectable. NO bodybuilder looks like they do day in and day out as they do on show day. You are so dehydrated that one day, carb depleted, mostly eating protein, that once your body gets back some water and you have your treats you've been abstaining from, the body holds it fast thinking OMgosh I might never get this again... you can literally be up, scale weight, 10-20 pounds within a day or so afterwards... most of its water weight. But as long as mentally you know that and you don't go on all out binges for days/weeks on end, you can keep the whole thing in check.
Now on the work front... well I've realized that I must get back to full time income. Went part time when George and I were living together, this allowed me to help with kids and unknown to us at the time would allow me to help with getting Colin to the learning center everyday. I knew at the time when I went p/t there was NO guarantee my boss could take me back on full time if my situation changed. Well my situation changed, she does not have full time work for me, so onto other options. First Andrea did NOT want to lose me to another job, which makes me feel good, makes me know I am a good employee, so she had some clients that don't want to pay her fees to do stuff for them once a week or every other week, so Andrea helped me set up my own bookkeeping business and I started to help her clients. Well it didn't work out as we had hoped. The one client was so slow in paying me, another is not consistent with when he needs me, and another is so freaking busy he has yet to have time to sit down with me to show me just what he needs - well I need steady and definite income right now and so begins the job search...
I spent weeks updating my resume, combing the on line ads for postings, sending out resumes via mail, fax or email, waiting for responses, filling out on line applications, going on interviews.. I mean I'm sure you all know the process and IT can be a full time job by itself.. So finally after a few weeks of this madness, I got a job with the Addison School District, I will be the (well not sure of my exact title) direct assistant to the Assistant superintendent of Business. I think this will be a great opportunity. My new boss is in charge of the business ($$) affairs for the school, she is the treasurer, as well as in charge of the complete renovation the district is going thru, she seems like a busy lady who was very up front in the interview in saying I need someone that can anticipate what I need, that can deal with me coming thru for an hour between meetings saying I need this that and the other, that can be organized as she admitted she is not.... I think I can fit this bill. Oh sure you have to get to know someone for a bit before you can anticipate their needs but I pick up on things pretty quickly. So anyhow I start there on the 19th. My current boss Andrea was almost in tears when I told her, but she also understands this is what I have to do and she has asked me to keep my keys to the office and if they get swamped she has asked if I'd come by at night or on the weekends to help out, well of course I will! And I will help in the evenings during tax season, it will be extra money and hopefully a way I can pay back George for some of his help.
Well speaking of catching up, I have some much needed catch up to do at the Laundromat... yes I know what fun, your so jealous of me right now aren't ya????

1 comment:
I haven't read all the postings, but this one explains a lot.
Sorry to hear about the relationship, and happy to hear about the competition experience.
You have been through a lot this year. You are one strong woman - in many ways.
Post a Comment