Kevin and I were talking a couple weeks ago when we had Grace about how I'd like to get a cleaning service to come in once every other week and just run the vacuum, dust, mop and scrub the bathrooms.
I use to have someone do this when I lived on the East Coast - I was working full time and going to school full time at night and doing homework on weekends, I barely had time to do anything let alone clean - I had a, well she was a friend but that friendship turned sour, that cleaned houses on the side, so I paid her cash, she came every other Friday and did the basics, dust, vacuum, mop, scrub bathrooms - nothing in the bedrooms and no laundry or anything - I paid her $60, its what she asked for - AH it was so nice coming home Friday after work and having a clean house.
So anyhow back to this conversation Kevin and I were having, it just happened to be in front of Grace - she said how much would you pay.. I said well its been some time but I guess it would be about $75 or so, I'd have to get some estimates, Can I do it she said... I just kind of shot her a look like yeah right - no I'm serious. Now mind you for the most part Grace is a good kid but she has never been made to clean anything or help around the house so I was a bit leary... She said just give me a chance, tell me what you want done, I'll do it and then you tell me if you like it.
So today I made a list of what I'd expect, again the basic stuff, and well.... I have to admit, I'm becoming pleasantly pleased with the results... shocked the heck out of me when she even took some windex to the front window on the inside but still, and she vacuumed down the steps which I did NOT have on the list. The upstairs bathroom looks quite nice, she has done the downstairs bathroom but I have yet to see the results, she has done the dining room and is now on to mopping the kitchen... damn I might just have to come of $75 after all... And if she keeps up the good work, I'd be more than happy to. Plus I think the side benefit here is, she will be more apt to keep it clean along the way!
SCORE! for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment