Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weekend with Erin

It started Friday night... met her at PF within a half hour of her closing shop for the night... she let me tan while she finished up some paperwork, then at 9pm she was shuttin' off the lights and bootin' them outta the place.

We stopped and got some wine, then proceeded to sit on the side porch and bullshit and laugh and dream and get quite silly till 1am. My gosh its been a while since I stayed up till 1 on purpose (well san's my Monday night on vacation at Seacrets with Debbie).

If the world was listening I think we solved all its problems. I woke up with a bit of a headache but it felt good to sleep in somewhat. Saturday, well it rained 90% of the day - kinda sucks too cause just tooling around to no where in the convertible with the top down would have been sweet, but mother nature had other ideas. We did grill steaks, MMMMM Casey's steaks for dinner, but thankfully by then rain had stopped. We ate lunch at Ted's Montana Grill, it was quite good, least I thought.

Sunday found us bike riding a bit... now that was interesting because I rode George's bike.. it needs some maintenence because the gears were slipping and the handlebar nut is so loose the handle bars would flip over if not careful. The path was a bit muddy so my road bike would have never made it thru where we rode. Afterward we showered, grilled some chicken and peppers and proceeded once again to sit outside and solve the worlds problems.

One thing is for sure we need to do these things more often, just being with a friend who you don't have to entertain or they don't have to entertain you, yet you still enjoy each others company is a great thing... at some point we sat outside, her on her laptop, me on mine, doing our thing, and still carrying on conversation with each other.

Erin thanks for the weekend and cooking and the 'chicken' it was REALLY very good, I must get me some more of that!!!

2 comments:

Erin Ellen said...

Ummmm...been 5 months. Time for an update....

Figure's Badass said...

So true. Time with friends is irreplaceable.