Thursday, February 02, 2006

Back Training Today

Today was my training day w/Jen.. We worked back... Unfortunately we didn't get in any posing. She got a call that her daughter was sick and she had to pick her up from school. I've often wondered how she gets everything done she does, training I don't know how many clients, a mom to two beautiful kids, a wife to a very active hubby, and getting ready to go for her PRO card in July at Team Universe.. I guess its all in the planning - something I need to work on..

However the other day she sent me a schedule of our next 14 wks of training, so that helps me to plan my other days and muscle groups from now till the competition.

I don't keep track of me poundages when I work out with Jen.. I just go with whatever she hands me or sets the machine at... but we did seated rows, wide grip pull downs, dumbell rows, two at a time and independantly and also standing straight arm lat pull downs, I guess you'd call them. I have to focus on NOT using my traps.. She is constantly having to correct my sets as I naturally want to pull up in the traps... NOT GOOD since they will develop naturally with all the other exercises. So we lightened the load a few times hoping that would take the traps out of the equation, but it still has to be a concious effort on my part and I just don't realize I'm doing it to be honest..

I finished off with some back extensions after she left. then hit the elliptical, the one with the arms that move back and forth for 45 minutes, then wolfed down my protein shake and headed for home.. Tried to nap but couldn't fall asleep, so I said what the hell and went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the recumbant stationary bike - man what is it about that thing that really works them quads?

Tomorrow the kids go to Texas for the weekend to see their mom. Luckily she works for ATA so flights are free, they fly non-revenue but when its not peak holiday time there generally aren't any issues with them not getting a seat. So George and I will get a nice adult weekend to ourselves.

Heading to dinner Saturday night with some friends but so far that is the only planned thing. Frankly I don't care if the rest of our weekend is spent at the gym or in our PJ's watching Fraiser reruns! Its been a while since we've had some him and me alone time, or at least alone time where we didn't have to worry that the kids could be dropped off at any moment..

So break out the adult toys ;o)

9 comments:

kiles1670 said...

Um ma, the adult toys, you devil you.
:-)
Hope you had fun

Sarah Elaine said...

I must say... sounded like a typical post... until the last line. You vixen, you!

Hope you had a great weekend! ;-)

Amber said...

How's boot camp going? I'm sure you are busy but give an update when you get a chance!!!

kiles1670 said...

where oh where is Kim, those toys must be working a treat :-)

Sarah Elaine said...

Yes, we are missing you and thinking about you. Hope training is going well!

kiles1670 said...

where oh where is Kim
We wait and we wait.
We miss her
:-(

kiles1670 said...

MISSING FROM THE BLOG WORLD

KIM

WAS THERE ONE DAY GONE THE NEXT....
ANY INFORMATION OR SIGHTINGS OF KIM, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATLY.

THANKS BLOG POLICE :-)

kiles1670 said...

hope your weekend was great. keep in touch, :-) we miss ya

Amber said...

Well it's definitely been awhile ... how's training going?!?