Well today starts the summer hours for the district office staff. While I'm thrilled its Monday, the day after my first tri and I don't have to go to work, the fact that the other weeks I'll have to be into work at 7 AM and now work till 4:30 pm SUCKS. Even worse is next week its completely different because of the 4th of July holiday. So my entire training routine gets fucked up for 4 weeks because thats how long these changed hours happen for. Its almost like #1 why bother at all and #2 like we are being 'given' anything since we have to work longer days to get the one day off.
Means if I want to bike in the a.m. I have to either start at 3:30 to get in the route or cut the route short to be back here in time to shower, get ready for and get to work. UGH! I guess if there is any good in all this its that it does stay light longer at night and for at least 4 wks I will be somewhat forced to work out in the evening, which might mean two a days, which might mean some of these extra pounds will come off faster.
This week at work will be especially tough for me. Its the last week for my boss Pat. While we have only worked together a smidge less than a year, when I started on July 19th of 06, she is a really great boss and I am so sad to see her go. The luncheon on Thursday will be hard. We will have a luncheon for the two administrators that are leaving. I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed that eventually she and I will be working together again!

No comments:
Post a Comment