Tuesday, October 09, 2007

It's all Happening Perfectly....

I hope that can be my motto for the next year. I have decided to take the plunge and join the Leanness Lifestyle Elite Program(www.leannesslifestyle.com/elite). It is a year long program where I will work more pesonally and closely with the founder David Greenwalt.

I don't truely recall how I came to know Dave and the LL some 5+ years ago. I think I was on a website regarding Body for Life, from there had heard about the bodychangers website, from there found Stacie in WI who had made a wonderful phsyique transformation and from there found Leanness Lifestyle - that is what took her from A-Z and finally the body she desired.

I joined the LL (www.leannesslifestyle.com) in Jan of 2002. As I've mentioned before somewhere in this blog, I had gotten on the scale Jan 1, 2002, and weighed 215 pounds. Somehow that was a real wake up call for me. I started to apply the knowledge of Dave and the LL program, made some wonderful friendships via the club forum and by April 2002, I had lost over 20 pounds.

Around the beginning of April 02, Dave was offering a challenge or intensive as he called them at the time, called Diva II. Obviously this was the 2nd one he had done and I heard so many great things regarding Diva I. When this intensive was offered I knew I had to be a part of it. I had to submit an essay as to why I felt I should be one of the 30 candidates chosen for this women's only group challenge. Somewhere I think I still have that essay, but anyhow I was called we talked on the phone a bit and I was one of the 30 chosen.

It was a wild ride. I began that challenge at 180, and since it WAS 5 years ago I can't recall if this challenge was 10 wks or 14. I know it was NOT 12 as Dave didn't want to use the 12 wk format because that is what BFL is based on. I am almost positive our intensive was 10 wks - I have a finishers certificate with exact dates that is packed up somewhere. I literally worked my butt off and at the end of this intensive I was 150 (where is that damn certificate). Our bodyfat had to be done with calipers by a certified trainer or DR. so this was the same time in my life I found my first and most awesome trainer, Mike Farmer. He had to do my BF 3 times during the intensive, beginning, middle and end - and yes somewhere packed away too are those results. But when he asked exactly what I was doing, and we got to chatting, I realized not only was he good looking, but very sweet and thought I'd give some personal training a try. BEST decision I made at that time believe me. He pushed me and pushed me hard on resistance training and I GREW to love it. Loved my time with him, loved being pushed. Our meetings went from 2X per week to 3X per week and I stuck with him for 2 years until I moved in 2004 - I think I became one of his favorite clients..

After this challenge ended I continued to stay at 150, up a pound or two on occasion but I'd bet the average was 150 - then like the first time when I needed another push, Dave was offering the Advanced Diva Challenge in April 2003 - this was an 8 wk challenge and then 8 wks of maintenance (always harder than losing) - started at 150 ended at 135 - for a very short time I actually did hit 129, but I just didn't like how I looked at that weight. Then the usually yo-yo bullshit. Well I did manage to stay 135 - 140 for sometimes... The yo-yo began again in 2004.

That was about the time I divorced, moved to IL and just in general had some life changes going on. However I did not get above 150. I decided I was finally going to compete in amateur bodybuilding. Well ok how it started was Erin... she said she was going to do Kevin Noble's show in Nov 2004, made mention of it on the LL board and then life things happened for her and she decided not to do it. However she had let the cat out of the bag that I was doing it with her.. well a tumble effect happened as many members of the LL group were planning to come, some had hotel and tickets purchased already - being the guilt ridden soul I am, I had to go thru with it.

So Nov 2004 I competed. I came in at 140 but it wasn't really a lean, body fat wise, 140. I've always had big ole thighs and it shows on stage. But I placed 5th... 5th outta 5 :o) but had fun with it. Debbie flew from Delaware to support me, and members of the leanness lifestyle group. However I think the shining moment for me was when I finished my individual routine and Colin was backstage and said to me "Kim you were the best one out there you are going to get 1st I just know it" - well I knew there was no way in hell, but while trying to choke back tears I said to Colin as long as I am first in your eyes THAT is all that matters to me.

So the rubber band that was pulled so tight before totally came undone. And I shot up to close to 180 again... Then I hooked up with Jen Abrams around the 160 mark in November 2005, we worked together and I competed again in May 2006 again at 140 but a leaner 140. Then BAM there goes that rubber band again.... The sport of illusion and extremes.

So anyhow here I am again, had hit 180, yes this time I made it there and I decided I needed to push of David Greenwalt again, so I've become an Elite client. Its a year long program and hopefully between David as my coach, Kevin as my support (along w/tons of other friends) and Rich my shrink.... I will figure out what stops me from living the lean life I know I can.

So October 9, 2008 I hope I have learned a LOT about myself in that time.

3 comments:

Erin Ellen said...

It's about time you update this thing! I am so proud of you for reaching out and asking for hel when you needed it. Like everything else you do, I have no doubts you'll be successful...you always see things through.

Nancy said...

This is great, Kim! Is there a way I can link your blog to mine as *friends* or something?

I will be in Ft Lauderdale on Thurs with the Family getting ready to leave the shore for a couple of weeks...

I saw our New York pics a few days ago....We should try and connect when we can.

What is Dave's Elite thingy?

Nancy said...

Kim, come out, come out wherever you are!