I can remember as a kid growing up in Indiana some brutal winters, cold, snow, etc. But with the issue of global warming Chicago has become a milder place in the winter. Well didn't seem so this winter. We've had more snow than we've had of recent winters and some down right bitter and below normal temps.
But we finally saw a glipse of spring the other day, this is where God's sense of humor comes in... Thursday and Friday were in the mid 50's it damn near felt like a heatwave, kids out in shorts, folks outside with out coats, bunnies in the yard. Well it was like God was waving a carrot in our face, or in my case... chocolate, because Saturday it all came to an end, the carrot was ripped away and it was chilly again. And today when I was out on my run, I know I saw snow flakes. I had REALLY hoped we were done with the cold and snow, but someone else has another idea.
Oh well soon enough grasshopper, soon enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment