I know I know this was suppose to be done yesterday, just couldn't drag my ass outta bed for legs yesterday.
Squats - 1 x 10 x 45 and 4 x 12 x 75
Leg Ext. - 1 x '10 x 30 and 2 x 12 x 45 (one set toes in, one set toes out)
Leg Curl - 1 x 10 x 35, 1 x 12 x 60 and 1 x 11 x 60
BB Curl - 1 x 10 x 20, 1 x 12 x 40 and 2 x 12 x 30 (someone had the 35lb bar)
EZ Curl Tri Ext - 3 x 12 x 25 (could go up here)
Tricep rope pushdown - 1 x 10 x 30 and 2 x 12 x 40
DB Hammer Curl - 2 x 12 x 15
Standing Calf Raise - 1 x 12 x 45 (oly.bar) 3 x 12 x bodyweight (toe in, toe out, straight ahead)
I learned a lot training with Jen Abrams, how to manipulate foot placement to hit various areas of the same muscle, hence the toes in, toes out placement on Leg Ext and Calf Raises. I also learned from Jen Hendershott's PHAT camp, that you can do a lot of work to legs without a lot of weight, heck even Jen Abrams had me doing tons of isometric stuff for legs.. I didn't want to make them larger, just leaner and tighter, well do some plie squats and REALLY squeeze on the up, no weights at all and after a few sets you'll be sweatin'.
One thing Jen A. did teach me, but it really cramps up my calf muscle and feet.. is on leg curl (lying) toes need to be pointed, not flexed.. I CAN feel how it hits the belly of the hamstring different, but damn near the end of 12 reps I can feel a cramp building in my calf and feet.. course I've always had problems there, not quite sure why... maybe time for a good blood workup to make sure I'm not lacking in any minerals or something strange like that..
Anyhow a good workout, tonight will be running with run club...

No comments:
Post a Comment