Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Running again

so I join the run club in May 2005, get out for a run here or there with the group since the 5K class at that time didn't gather enough interest.. finally in fall of 05, the class happened and I did my first 2 5k's - in the cold weather.. I hate the cold and don't care much for running, its a means to an end and it satisfied me cause its something I always wanted to do.... so on advice of trainer when prepping for May competition, I had to cut out running, no body fat or less of it, less cushion on the joints, makes sense... so now I've got a goal of doing a 1/2 marathon in October (down from a full, to much to soon) so anyhow I've realized I needed to get back to running and working back up to my stamina of previous.....

so of course I pick today to begin again... and ended up running 3 miles in the pouring rain and humidity... of course don't ya know the rain stopped just as we got back to the club... figures eh????

so after leg workout today, running this evening, I'm certain when DOMS sets in its gonna hit hard!

1 comment:

Sarah Elaine said...

Hey there! I haven't checked in for a while because it seemed like you had stopped posting. What a pleasant surprise to stop by today and find out that you're still here!

Congrats on getting back to running!