Tuesday, January 10, 2006

CoDependency Support Groups

I'm tellin' ya its so hard and draining reading this book and reading about ME on the pages. I mean honestly she might as well have just used my name. Its very scary. There is not a chapter that goes by that I don't highlight the crap out of. I usually have to go back and re-read things because it brings me to tears.

I can see and agree with everything she says but it all seems so overwhelming and feels like something I don't know if I can fix or not.

I started doing some search on the internet and found the CoDA website and much like AA or Al-Anon., CoDA has support groups and meetings. I left a message for a contact person and they just called me back. The meetings are every Thursday at 7pm. He assured me that it IS very overwhelming but there is hope, there is light at the end of the tunnel, but its not an easy road, but it IS worth it. He assured me that all my feelings are normal and that when he attended his first meeting he sat in his car for over 1/2 an hour before he could get the courage to go inside, but once he did he was so glad he made that step.

Its a beginning, hopefully a new one for me.

No comments: