Monday, January 16, 2006

On the road again

I'm super excited! This week starts the leanness lifestyle bootcamp intensive! Plus if not this week certainly by next week I will once again be training with Jennifer Abrams.

www.jenniferabrams.net

She is going for her Pro card this summer in NY in July. She is a natural bodybuilder and this competition for her is a drug tested natural event! I'm excited for her, with all the bad press of late for pro bodybuilders and just peoples thoughts in general, the sport has gotten some bad press and I hope Jennifer is the beginning of a new era. To bring the sport back around to what it should be and not these steriod freaks you see, male and female. Its no wonder a good portion of women assume lifting any type of weight will cause you to bulk up, this is what they see in magazines so its no wonder.

Anyhow my SO George is an avid videographer, its not what he does for a living but he enjoys it. He has always wanted to do some sort of documentary type thing of a day in the life of a natural bodybuilder and what it really takes to get on stage.. Well Jennifer wants to document this journey to her Pro status - can you say PERFECT TIMING! Jen has seen the work George does when he video's the BB shows for the competitors and likes his work (he is very creative) so Jen and George will be getting together over the next several months shooting tape for the end product.

This works to my advantage because to actually have to pay for someone to do this type of work is pretty expensive. I'm sure upwards of $150 bucks an hour for a videographer, at least when George did that for a living some time ago it was that expensive then and that's been 10+ yrs. Well Jen is not independently wealthy but has offered to swap services. George video's for her, I get to train with her and then any $$ made off the end product will be worked out.

This will be an excellent project I do believe.. I think sometimes people can look at a person on stage and not realize that they actually have a life behind the scenes. They have kids that don't cooperate, that get sick, cars that break down on the way to the gym in 90+ degree heat, children that need an extra room mom at school, or a support person for their brownie troop, or a babysitter that doesn't show up when you have a photo shoot scheduled and a host of other life issues. This project will be a true story of what it takes to go from point A to point B and all the detours that happen in between.

Both Jen and George are super creative minds and this will be an awesome product when all is said and done! And the chance to workout and train with Jen again is out of this world. She is very supportive and encouraging and I am looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Turtle Guy said...

You're juiced about this! Nice! Enjoy it, revel in it and soak it in.