Bootcamp is going well so far, but granted its not even the first full week :o) I started the BC on 1/18 @ 156.4 today I am 153.6... a combination of a few things.. #1 my cycle started just prior to BC beginning and it has now ended, so that wonderful water gain we ladies tend to deal with has subsided and #2 I've gotten back into not only resistance training but cardio too and on a daily basis. With this neck and hip stuff I've been dealing with, once it started to feel a bit better I was nervous about getting back to exercising consistantly, I didn't want the pain to come back.
Well with the help of a good chiro. I can say the hip pain is gone for now.. I've gotten back to cardio, running outside and even doing leg work in the gym and as long as I do my stretches all seems fine. Oh sure the normal muscle tightness and soreness from a good workout but not the nagging aches. The shoulder/arm is getting better but I still have issues there..
I'm doing great food wise.. But when I get focused it all seems to come together. I know right now a lot of the mentality is not wanting to loose my leverage money and its not so much losing the money but where it would go and when I go to open the fridge that crossed my mind. In all honesty this BC was just the PUSH I needed to get ME rolling back to what I know how to do.
I'm not going extreme either. My calories are staying between 1200-1500, with occasional lower days, but we all have days were we are just not hungry and then other days were you could eat the dead skunk alongside the road.
As far as exercise.. on days I do weight training, which can take 30-45 minutes depends on bodypart being worked and the crowd in the gym, I add 30-45 minutes of cardio afterwards. On days without weights I do an hour of cardio. Now if I get out to run that goes longer but running outside as opposed to treadmill running is more relaxing and I can go for longer than an hour and it doesn't seem like an hour or even 30minutes on the t.mill does.
Keeping the eating clean helps with not having to do so much cardio. Other than lower body (legs) I think I tend to gain muscle at a nice pace so that helps too, since it takes more to FEED that muscle, caloriewise, then the same amount of fat. Today for a moment I thought about something sweet but I had a diet mountain dew and the moment passed.
The kids are a bit upset with me, I think.. I do tend to be an all or nothing person and the codependency makes me feel others should be the same as I am, so I am slowly learning to come to grips with all that. Previously I would have been like a nazi and not wanted any junk food type stuff in the house at all, but I am trying hard to learn to relax and while I still don't think Caitlin or Colin need the chips and cookies and such, I am buying them when we go shopping. They both are overweight for their ages and heights but I can't seem to make them see that no matter how I say it, be it gently or otherwise, so I can only pray that they won't get to the point of morbidly obese someday. Anyhow last night they wanted to make brownies and I had to say NO.. I looked at them both and pleaded, that I needed their support right now and to please NOT do that to me.. Its not the idea of brownies in the house, hell no matter of fact when I went shopping last night I got cookies, chips, and a couple of brownies from the bakery section.. Its the smell of them baking in the house right now that would kill me..
I don't know is it asking too much? Like I said I am ok with the stuff in the house, bought it at the store, but I could not handle the smell of it baking in the house. I could even go to the store and buy my favorite toll house cookies and bring them home and not want any, but if I bought the ingredients at the store and set about actually making them and having to smell them baking, that would send me over the edge.. And from previous binge sessions, I can tell ya Target makes the toll house cookies and has them prepackaged in their bakery section and they are freaking awesome.
So am I wrong in being ok with the stuff in the house but just asking that they don't bake the stuff themselves?

4 comments:
Hi Kim
I think they should support you 100% and not even think about asking to bake things, you have been great in buying things for them, they should appreciate that and consider you more. Although speaking from experience teenagers are rarely considerate of others. FGood luck. :-)
I think you are definitely in your rights in asking them not to bake in the house. If you haven't already you might want to explain why to them as well and then offer them the cookies.
I'm seeing the chiro myself for neck and hip pain ... but I don't seem to be getting the results that you are. This guy is so gentle ... but maybe he is just too gentle. I'm thinking I might need to look into a sports med doc or a new chiro :(
Sounds like a tremendous journey there, my friend.
I don't have the answers to your questions... but I do think you are setting a good example with your own fitness lifetstyle.
I am a big cookie and brownie binger so I completely understand your dilemna. Although if it is in the house I am probably going to eat it. Luckily my kids are young enough that they do not argue too much about the food we buy.
Post a Comment