Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Leanness Lifestyle Bootcamp

I'm in I'm in!! I got my message today that I was accepted. The Leanness Lifestyle is a members only club I belong to - www.leannesslifestyle.com - if you click on my sidebar where it says My Nutrition Logs you can see one of the tools available for use, there are many others, this one is a journal and a way for me to track my foods.

This club is also a support group of sorts for me. I've made some friends and not just internet peeps, I've actually had the fortune to meet some of them in person. Heck its how George and I met, although he is no longer a member. The intensives that Dave offers is also how I lost a good portion of my weight.. In DIVA II I went from 180ish to 150ish (10wks) this in April 2002 and then in April 2003 with Advanced DIVA intensive (these are just names he gives the challenge) I went from 150ish to 131ish (8wks, plus 8 wks maintenance however I still continued to loose).

So now he is calling the intensives BOOTCAMP and they are 5wks in length and CoEd - where as the intensives I did previously were female only. It starts on Jan 18th with our conference call for all the participants and rolls for 5wks ending February 22nd. We will have weekly assignments, goals that are decided upon with participant and Dave Greenwalt, a weekly call in every Wednesday night 8pm central time, and a leverage with paypal. We will be expected to hit goals and risk losing our $$ if we don't make the mark.. However before that happens you and Dave have a serious heart to heart one on one discussion. This is to keep the focus. Might sound odd to some out there but it works, at least for me.

If I can start this bootcamp on the 18th at 155ish (should be NO problem thats where I am now) and lose 10 pounds or more while I can have this intense focus, it will be just the jump start I need. Besides May 6th is about 16.5 wks away!

So why can't I do it on my own you ask? Well that is a very valid question and one that deserves an answer. I will have not only the cost of the bootcamp intensive on the line but I will over the 5 wks have another sum of money that I will get back if I met all my goals, but will lose if I don't. In addition I will have the help and support of knowing all my other team mates are doing this too. I'm not sure how to explain it so anyone understands but its helped me in the past and I know its just the jump start I need again. Plus its a focus. And lets face it I am competitive by nature, probably not for any of the right reasons, but I love a challenge and I know I can WIN this one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It definitely is nice to have help reaching fitness and weight goals. Good Luck!

Sarah Elaine said...

Sounds like you're happy, girl! Keep us updated!