She kills me but in a good way and after all I suggested we work legs. They are my worst area. I know once I continue to strip away the bodyfat, the upper body's muscularity will shine thru but the legs... well they are gonna take some concentrated effort.
Squats - 1 x 15 x 95, 1 x 15 x 115 and 1 x 15 x 135
Dead Lifts - 1 x 15 x 85 and 1 x 15 x 95
Smith Machine Lunges - 1 x 15 x ??
Free Standing Leg Up Lunges - 1 x 15 x 20
Seated Leg Extensions - 1 x 10 x 60 and 1 x 10 x 60 but varied toes in, toes out, and straight up
Seated Leg Extensions - 1 x 10 x 30 these were single leg at a time so 10 w/right and 10 w/left
Hamstring Curls - 2 x 15 x 40
I think that last set of squats might have only been 12 I was dying and lost count. It was a bit to heavy for me to go ass to the grass on that last set and when you start to wobble side to side. i have no problem w/dead lifts other than my damn grip gives out on me. ?? on the weight for SM Lunges since I have no idea what the bar weighs but I had 2-10's on each side, so plate weight was 40 total. The other lunges she had me take two 10's plates, one in each hand, step back, then lunge down, but when your bringing that back leg forward, you pull it up so you knee is at 90 degrees now in front of you and your standing on one leg, with it slightly bent to hit ham and some quad.. My ASS was burning from these. then onto the pain of the Leg Ext and Ham Curls. but oh evil one was not done with me yet... no sir...
We headed down to the locker room, out comes the camera and we practiced posing. If you have ever been to a bodybuilding competition there are madatory poses you go thru on stage with everyone in your class (classes are diffrent with each show) - well posing is a workout all of its own. The basics are front double bicep, side chest, front lat spread, rear lat spread, rear double bicep, side tricep, and hands overhead abdominals (guys also get this whacky pose called a crab most muscular thankfully in most shows women don't have to do this one) - well with each pose you must hit it, and hold it and at the same time your flexing every single muscle in your body and then you have to smile pretty for the judges... egads I was working up a sweat...
Posing can make or break you as far as placement so getting started 14 wks out is not uncommon, plus you have to work up to being able to hold these poses for sometimes a minute while the judges look over everyone, so just like working up to squatting 135 pounds, holding and flexing every muscle while in a pose takes time to work up to a minute too.. I was wiped out when we finished.. but when she sends me the pictures I'll try and figure out how to post them here..
I had to come home and take a nap before I could even think about doing any cardio.. but I did go back and get in 45 minutes on the elliptical..
at 152.8 again today..

2 comments:
I have never gone to a bodybuilding competition, but I have watched quite a few on television and of course have seen Pumping Iron about a dozen times. It is one of my all time favorite documentary type movies.
Was that number on your squats the amount of weight you were lifting at the same time as squatting?
Ugh!
Holy moly, girl! You are a machine!!
I can barely get through squats with no weights. (See Sarah. See Sarah squat. See Sarah stumble.)
What an inspiration you are!
Post a Comment