I know I should be sitting here in this Borders doing research on homeschooling but I'm tired all the sudden and don't much feel like taxing my grey matter. Technology is amazing, it floors me sometimes I can be here on the net. I've always said I wonder how weird it would be for my grandmother, who has been gone 20+ yrs to come back for one day, its hard to imagine everything that has changed in that time.
So I dropped off Colin and instead of the gym I came here. Actually George was having meetings in the area, so I asked him the other day about the possibility of us getting together for lunch, worked out well actually. I didn't have work today so I hit the gym for cardio before leaving for Deerfield. Did 60 minutes on the elliptical with my cardio coach V3. I was spunky today and repeated the hill challenge and the final sprint challenge, then just ran out the timer on the elliptical.
Made a few calls today regarding homeschooling. Called BOE and I find there really isn't anything we have to do as far as registering with the county. Per the lady I spoke with she said since we aren't pulling him out of the school system totally, they don't even consider us as homeschooling him. She informs me I should have the principal contact the Asst. Superintendent of the BOE and he can guide the principal on what we as parents need to do.. Well knowing that call will never get made by the school, I called him myself, he was in meetings this morning but I explained to his secretary that I had spoken with someone at BOE and they gave me this number.. she took my name and told me I could expect a call back as to what we need to do.
Then I did some net search and found a group in Naperville that homeschools, a little network of parents/families if you will. She was quite informative and told me they have an informational meeting coming up on 12/14 at Panera. I am amazed there are really no stingent guidelines/rules for homeschooling. No curriculum's to follow, no grade levels to keep up with, about all I can get from my little bit of research thus far, is they have to be schooled so many hours in a year.. I will check the info she gave me, speak with Tom at BOE and investigate further based on my findings..

No comments:
Post a Comment