Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Really stepping outta the box....

www.greatmidwestrelay.com - 190 mile relay race from Madison Wisconsin to Chicago IL

this website was posted on my running clubs message board. Its not until June 2006 but they are looking to see how much interest there is as far as forming a team is concerned. I checked out the website and this actually looks like a GREAT time. And this is coming from someone who honestly really does not like to run but is totally hooked on the high of completing a race. I know its been 2 5K races, no big deal but I'm finding I do like it. I have trouble getting my butt out the door to go it alone, but I find myself looking forward to the Saturday runs with run club and wishing I could make it back in time for the Tuesday and Thursday runs.

I posted my interest on the run clubs board, as long as they are looking to have fun and not necessarily finish in first place, I'm a good contender for the team..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the team's goal is to have fun then you should do it. We did a 155 mile relay with my run club last year and all had a great time. It's a great way to get to know people.

Sarah Elaine said...

I second what Rob said. Since you've said you don't like running alone, then doing so in a group could make a world of difference for you. Good for you for "thinking outside the box!" Keep us posted!