Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Day 37 - T minus 151 and counting

I'm really hoping the email G got today was incorrect on the dates of the Atlantis trip.. There is no way I could go and enjoy myself if its the week before the competition, or I'd have to change my plans and do a different one but Kevin does a great job hosting... I'm postive its May 8th but won't worry till its really time to worry. Right? Right!

Today was a cardio day only since I've worked all body parts this week already. Can cycle thru again but don't want to work legs again till after Sunday's 5k... I've been very bad about outdoor runs, but its darn cold in Chicago area.. Today's high was 18 and its been worse earlier in the week. I don't have to work tomorrow so I really need to force myself outside, cold or not... then perhaps instead of cardio at the gym after I drop off Colin, I can just go soak in the hot tub/whirlpool - this darn hip is nagging me again.. That's what I get for not being diligent with stretching afterwards...

did 30 minutes on recumbent bike and then 33 minutes on the Natural Runner (an elliptical like piece of equipment).

Now I sit here, not hungry, but bored and I want to just troll for food... Why can't I find more productive stuff to do when I'm bored, read, balance check book, something besides open and close the damn door to the fridge? Unconscience eating is what put this weight back on me and doing it isn't going to get me any closer to placing better at my next competition - I just have to remember there might be someone out there training harder than me that I will be up against.

May 6th seems so far off but in reality 151 days ain't that far off. Not when I need to knock off pounds and bodyfat. I promised myself IF I was going to do this again that I wanted to be able to stand on that stage and KNOW in my heart I did EVERYTHING I could to be my best that day and damn it that's what I'm gonna do.

No comments: