Thursday, December 08, 2005

Day 38 - T minus 150 and counting

No work this morning so I was able to get my workout in this morning.. it was cardio only.. Sadly I couldn't drag myself outside for a run, it was cold. How I ever did it on Thanksgiving morning when it was about 2 degrees or even subzero at times with the wind chill is beyond me.

I got in 30 min on treadmill doing intervals, 30 minutes on the arc trainer and 10 minutes on those revolving steps. I will get in another chest/back and arms/shoulders workout but legs they will have to wait till after the 5K on Sunday.

Since I got it out of the way earlier today, I'm able to spend some time catching up email and such. So after dropping off Colin, I headed to the Borders. However there is one place/table where you can plug in your laptop battery and someone was already taking up that spot.. So I checked the leanness lifestyle forum and then realized my battery was running low... So I packed up, and decided to head over to Panera, I was hungry anyhow so that worked out well.. What a nice suprise too..

I'm sitting in the parking lot at Borders talking to George to find out how his meeting today went and I look up to see this car pulling in the lot and lo and behold it was him... Silly guy! I love him so much.. He said he had to stop since it was on his way too cause he couldn't wait till 6:30 tonight to see me! Well if those words don't make a girls heart melt... Its nice to be wanted, needed and loved! So he came over to my car, we chatted a bit. He told me Ted actually closed the deal with MPower and looks like we are indeed going to be heading to the Bahamas.. I'm sure this deal probably pushed them above the 5th slot but at any rate the top 15 teams get to go.. Quota 1.8million, probably close at 2.2.. this will sure make all those times he has to be on the road and away from home worth while. So he headed on home and I headed to Panera for something to eat..

I can understand how George's eating on the road can sabotage even the best attempts to stay on track.. I looked up Panera's menu and not a whole lot on there is lean eating friendly... I opted for the French onion soup without the cheese and croutons and got 1/2 a garden veggie sandwich on the low carb italian bread.. I know the soup comes in around 85 calories the sandwich I will have to look up later and log at leanness lifestyle. Got my protein pudding and an apple in the car to eat on the way home..

Tonight is Colin's chorus concert and I won't have time to fuss with dinner.. packed him some extra stuff so he can eat on the way home... Course its started to snow here in Chicagoland and they are predicting about 6 inches (if you can believe the weather man) so the school may just cancel the concert.. I will call George when I am on my way home to have him check on this... no since trying to get Colin to the school in time if its cancelled and I know traffic will be even more of a nightmare with the snow falling now.. I predict at least a 2 hr venture home tonight..

1 comment:

Sarah Elaine said...

Found you through Amber's blog. Sounds like we are on a similar journey.

Keep at it. You're worth it!