Monday, December 19, 2005

Day 49 - T Minus 139 and counting

Baby its cold outside! I guess on days like today I'll always wonder why I didn't move to Florida or California or at least somewhere warm 99% of the time..

Yesterday was kind of a ugh day... I'm not sure what is going on with me. Between the constipation issues, which make no freaking sense cause I'm eating pretty damn clean and healthy, my TOM which is around the corner and any day now and now all day yesterday I was suffering from dizzy spells, I feel like I'm falling apart at 40.

I seemed to be ok upon waking up Sunday, so we headed to the grocery store as usual, about 1/2 way thru George is looking at me and talking to me but I just couldn't focus on what he was saying, nor could I focus on his face... it was like he was there but he seemed so far away???? I grabbed onto the cart for fear of losing my balance and falling on the ground... He looked at me and asked if I was ok and I said yeah just feel a bit dizzy all the sudden "well is your blood sugar low" he asked " no don't think so, I ate breakfast" I said, so as we walked past the bakery in the store they had cookie samples, he got me a cookie, I ate it but didn't feel any better. We finished up the shopping but I just kept getting these dizzy spells that came and went. This lasted all day yesterday... ALL DAY! George even went with me to Sam's Club as he was to worried about me driving myself. Thankfully I feel ok today or at least free of dizzy spells...

Today George was able to pick Colin up from the LC, so I only had to drop him off then head home... Well duh I missed my exit on the way home.. Being that I was not traveling in the usual 5pm rush hour traffic, the ride went pretty quick and I guess I wasn't paying much attention to where I was, cause my exit came and went, without me taking it... And I have the WORST sense of direction as it is, so now I'm in expressway hell trying to figure out how to get off the next exit and find my way back, with all the construction its not like its easy off and easy on.. So finally I get myself to where I know where I'm at, get back on expressway and head for home. Get home, change to gym clothes and off I go again... Totally spacing how crowded the gym would be with kids home for the holiday break.

The free weight room was PACKED with a bunch of high school and college age lunk heads, pretending to be weight lifters when in reality they were standing around flapping their yaps! I was so pissed trying to navigate amongst the children, I skipped cardio and opted to go back later tonight to get it in. I did get an arm and shoulder workout in..

BB standing curls - 1x10x25, 2x11x35, 1x12x40
Tricep pushdown - 1x10x30, 1x11x50, 1x10x55, 1x10x60
Preacher curl - 1x7x40, 1x12x35, 1x2x40
DB Seated Tri Ext - 1x9x35, 1x10x35, 1x8x35
DB side Raise - 2x11x15, 1x15x12 - tried for 20 lb db's but a 5lb jump is a bit much and the lunk heads seemed to have the 17.5 pounders somewhere in their possession.

It was a good workout I just don' t have the time or patience for those that want to stand around and shoot more bull then lift weights. pump the damn iron or get the hell outta my way.

2 comments:

Turtle Guy said...

"flapping their yaps!" that made me laugh! Isn't it interesting how focused we become later in life. When I was 18, time didn't have much value... in fact, it took many years for me to realize the value of my time. An experience this summer taught me a very valuable lesson where time is concerned. I worked a fruit and corn stand 7 days a week for 6 weeks. Balancing that with my full time self employment (mobile dj service) was a challenge, but what made it possible was realizing that every moment DOES count, even if your moments are spent reinvesting in your well-being. I promised to post about my weekend because it was time-intensive crazy, so stay tuned!

kiles1670 said...

I hope this dizzy thing is not a common accurance.You might have to get it checked out....
Take care.
Always listen to your body.
We have 35 degree heat here, think i would rather the cooler weather, we never get very cold here. :-(