Today was a cardio only day. I woke up with a slammin' headache and terrible cramps, being a female can truly suck sometimes. No babies in my future so bring on menopause! hot flashes and all, as much as I'm freezing cold all the time, I think I'd welcome the hot flashes :o)
I went to the gym feeling lousy and told myself "self just get in 30 minutes and call it a day" well I got started on the treadmill and found that it was actually relieving some of the cramping, so I kept going and before I knew it I had gone a bit over 5 miles. I wasn't out to break any land speed records or anything but did find myself running at 7mph for short moments at a time.
George just kept looking at me mocking me saying "i'm not a runner" and well I really don't consider myself one. I'm a wanna be runner and I think I will FEEL like a runner when I can actually run a 5K without stopping. Then of course, since I am the hardest on myself, I won't feel like a runner till I can run a 10K without stopping to walk, and so on and so forth... He just looks at me, smiles and says yeah sure you'll be doing a marathon in the next year, I can see it... Lord knows George can always see things in me that I don't, so who knows.

2 comments:
As with any challenging process, we will meet with challenging days. As S once said "keep your eye on the prize"!
Rock on, sista!
At this rate, you'll trade that bodybuilding competition for a marathon and we'll meet up somewhere at a race!
Post a Comment