Saturday, December 17, 2005

A little farther today

Not wanting to lose what little stamina I've built up from the 5k training class, I've decided to make an effort to get out with the run club.. They run Tuesday and Thursday nights but until the trips to Deerfield are done I don't get home in time, and they run on Saturday mornings.

So despite the 5 degree temps (and below zero windchill) I got up and met the group at Starbucks downtown at 8am, after some announcements we headed off. The route on Saturday's is a bit longer than the 3 miles I'm use to, but gotta push yourself sometimes right.. So today I did 4.4 miles, not really sure how long it took since I didn't start my monitor when we headed off. I had it on monitor, to keep a check on heart rate but not exercise so really not sure bout the time. I know we started round 8am and Suzy and I got back to Starbucks by 9. The path was a bit snow covered and slick in spots but being out with the group made me push myself to run more. I'm still a run/walker but today I wanted to keep up as much as possible.

Like I've said before our run clubs moto is no one runs alone, so even if a slower runner, such as myself comes out, on of the more seasoned runners will keep my pace. I will be so thrilled the first time I can actually go and run the entire distance, don't care what the speed or time will be, I know I will just be thrilled to run it completely! In time grasshopper in time!

2 comments:

Julie B said...

You did great! I'm so glad you met up with the group today, Kim, that's awesome and sometimes it is just scary to meet up with faster people to run. Yippee you!

You asked about my blog, someone helped me with it. I'm so awful at computer stuff and she did such a wonderful job. I'll look up her blog for you so you can check her's out.

Sarah Elaine said...

Indeed, Grasshopper. Keep up the great work!