The day was great. I won't say it was great for my diet but I decided to throw caution to the wind for a couple of days and just enjoy the holidays, all the food, the drink, the treats - of course when you don't eat like that on a regular basis it sure does reak havoc on your digestive system.
Christmas eve was spent with George's family at his brothers house. We had meatball and sausage sandwiches, cesaer salad, apple and pumpkin pie for dessert. George had gotten some wonderful vanilla flavored cognac to sip on and boy oh boy was that stuff YUMMY! George's mom does the coolest stockings for the adults. The kids get to open gifts first, then while they are off playing with what they got, the adults get to go thru their stockings mom makes up. She puts the coolest stuff in there, BP gas cards, Target card, M&M's, batteries, tissues, chap stick, just all kinds of wonderful things. Afterwards we had to take the kids to thier mom's side of the family - George and I are always invited to stay but I think it gets to George.. he isn't one that is much for crowds and his ex has a huge family so I think all the people, kids, adults, noise, hustle and bustle in general starts to overwhelm him - so we had a drink and left, they kids came home round 11pm or so... I can recall George waking up at 3am, telling the kids they needed to get to bed, we already had all the gifts under the tree.. well when we woke at 6:30ish, they were both sound asleep in the recliners.
They woke up once we started moving around making coffee and such, so we opened our gifts.. I think the kids were happy with what they got. At least I hope so. Of course I know between the gift cards we got them and what they got from their mom's side of the family, they just couldn't understand why target wasn't open today... They were told their rooms had to be cleaned if they expected to go to Target tomorrow to spend the cards... I hope George holds to that since he also told them their rooms had to be cleaned before anyone opened gifts and that was 2 days before Christmas, then this morning he said ok we can open gifts but then you have to clean up your rooms... so he always goes back on this and they both know it, but we will see if he sticks to this tomorrow when they are both wanting to go to Target - call me a hard ass but one thing is for sure I won't be taking them IF the rooms are not clean - there is nothing wrong with children having certain responsibilities and being made to stick to them or suffer the consequences if they don't. Like I said we'll see what happens.
I do have to say George was so right on with the gifts he got me.. I guess he does listen when I mention things in passing. I got the Oral B sonic care toothbrush I wanted(I know call me weird but this thing is GREAT), I got the Core Secrets exercise ball and DVD's I had been talking about, a gift card to the Running Store (he addressed it to his future marathoner) decisions there, new shoes, some new cool weather running clothes.... however the surprise gift was certainly the jewelry I got. We had gone to the Arnold Classic in March and at the expo there was a vendor there selling this cool jewelry, Gym Gems, and there was a belly ring I liked, 14K gold and it had a barbell on the end, very unique and very cool if your into bodybuilding, so he got me that belly ring along with a necklace with a barbell on it and a ring! The ring looks like a barbell with weights on the end and then its wrapped around so the two ends meet, its very cool

Its such a unique ring but the story of how he even got my ring size is even better.. I had figured he found a ring he had seen me wear before in my jewelry box, I don't wear them often cause its kinda hard to grip a barbell or dumbbell with a ring on and if you wear lifting gloves well a ring presents other problems, but anyhow that isn't how he did it at all.. I guess he got some ring sizers from a jeweler and one night when I musta been pretty dead dog tired and out like a dead person, he sized my finger. How he did this without me waking up is a miracle I am SUCH a light sleeper, but somehow he found the chance/opportunity and took his chances. I mean how cool is that eh?
I think I was pretty ok with what I got George. He is pretty hard to buy for so I always try to go practical.. I finally found a clock for our workout room downstairs.. it has a lifter on it that said Lift hard or Go home, finding a bodybuilding themed clock wasn't easy, got him some other things he could use, like new sweats, gift certificates for oil changes, couple sets of the ear phones he likes.. just little stuff. I could only wish someday to be able to afford a nice gift for him like he does get for me... and he does this all the time not just necessarily on special holidays.. He's the kinda guy who buys you flowers for no reason at all and after all those are the BEST flowers to get!

2 comments:
Sounds as wild and crazy as my week, Kim! I actually scored myself a 3 hour nap today once all the excitement of opening gifts had subsided.
I'm really looking forward to getting my space back to normal and caught up on things.
Cool ring! Sounds like you had a great day with your family.
Post a Comment