Thursday, November 10, 2005

Day 10

So far the running back and forth to Deerfield hasn't been bad, oh sure traffic sucks on the way home but whatcha gonna do right?

My boss has been GREAT working with me on this. When I talked to her on Monday she said whatever you need to do, its not tax season yet, the payroll quarter has just ended, so things are slow here. I've been working part time since late summer, Off Monday and Wednesday, Tues and Thursday are 9-3 and Friday is 9-5, so a 20 hr wk.. She has said why don't you just come in Mon and Thursday and take care of the phones until you have to leave at 11:30 to pick up Colin. So this week trying to get into the grove of this has been great.. But today, Thursday is the first day I've had to be to work this week.. It sure makes it a bit hairy since I have to have all my stuff packed and ready to go, Colin's snacks for the day, plus get myself showered and ready for work to be here by 7:30. I was a bit frantic this morning, but George stepped in to my rescue. He told me to calm down, take 10 minutes for myself and he would take the kids to school. That helped immensely.. Plus Caitlin made it so easy today as she went in early too, so no two trips to the school and back..

I know George is a bit concered about my now reduced hours. I could still get in 20 hrs between Thursday and cut off of pay period on Wednesday, but I know trying to get here by 7:30 everyday, along with the getting stuff ready for when we are in Deerfield would eventually burn me out. I will work it out somehow. I know the learning center isnt a cheap thing and I don't want him to have to pick up any more financial slack from my end, he does enough already. I'll figure something out...

No comments: