Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Day 8

As predicted the legs are so tight today.. Its that free fall to the toliet thing or hope you get a stall with handicap bars. My weight popped up a bit to 160, but I know my calories have been in line. I'm sure its some swelling around the leg muscles and I'm going to have to track my sodium intake too.. Even my feet are swollen. Regardless I hit the gym after dropping Colin off today. Did Chest and Back:

DB incline press - w/u 1x10x20 then 2x12x30, 1x10x30 and 1x9x30 I'm sure I coulda eeked out 12 on those last two sets but without a spotter didn't want to take the chance of a dumbbell on my head, so I did a trick Jen taught me and just did a slow negative.

Close Grip Pulldowns - w/u 1x10x45 then 1x12x60 and 3x12x75 these seem to give me a slight pain in my elbow area??

Barbell Bench - w/u 1x10x45 then 1x12x55, 1x12x60 and 2x12x70

DB Row - 4x12x20 (sets x reps x poundage)

Afterward I did 65 minutes (incl. cooldown) on the elliptical. I did the first 30 minutes with my cardio coach Volume 1, Sean always kicks my butt no matter what volume I listen to, then I did the next 35 on my own staying between my zone 2 and 3 while I listened to the Ellen show. Not really sure how accurate the distance on ellipticals are but it said I went 5.72, and 8411 strides. Grabbed a shower then off to pick up Colin... Today was 40 minutes to Deerfield but 1 hr 40 min on way home.... I long for a Jetson space shuttle or beam me up Scottie, but eventually even with space shuttles I'm sure we'd run into rush hour :o)

So meals for today (been kinda slacking putting this here)

M1 - Multi grain muffin w/ham and 2% cheese
M2 - Melba toast
M3 - Myoplex Carb Sense RTD and Myoplex Lt. Cinnamon Crisp Bar
M4 - Chicken Breast, Rice and Snap Peas
Drank 3 liters of water today, 1 Monster Low Carb Energy drink, 1 Diet coke Zero and one of those mix in Lipton things... hopefully all the fluids will flush out the sodium, even my little toes are swollen today?

colin seemed to have another good day at the learning center. So far he seems to like working with Adam the best.. He likes all of them but I think Adam is a jokester. He got a "chance" for the weekly drawing today.. I guess they get "chances" when they do something exceptionally well, these go into a ballot box and at the end of the week they have a drawing for a prize of some sort. I'm glad they are keeping it fresh and fun. He is putting in a long day between the time he is at school, the 4 hrs at the center, then his homework when we get home... Thats not even factoring in the drive. All this would be a lot for an adult let alone a 12 yr old. I think Thursday after I pick him up he and I will hit subway for dinner as a reward for a good first week, maybe even stop and get him an ice cream after at baskin robbins..

Well about time for me to hit the hay. I can't believe its about ready to thunderstorm here... its November not May???

No comments: