Boy was yesterday a very long day. Up at 4am, got cardio in, car packed and headed to Belvidere for the show. We got home last night or should I say this morning at 12:10am.
The show was great. Kevin seems to run a pretty good show and this year the new venue was wonderful. Especially from George's standpoint as the video guy, there was a place just for him and no one was able to walk in front of our camera this time!
Jennifer (www.jenniferabrams.net) the guest poser and my soon to be again trainer :o) did a DYNOMITE posing routine, you can view it at www.pradelproductions.com - She has so much stage presence, I could only hope to do half as well someday.
I told George at the beginning of the day that I was sure I would be kickin my ass for not doing this show. And sure nuff I was.. Only two competitors in women's open 40-45 and two or three in Novice, both the categories I would have entered. Oh well hindsight is always 20/20 and with all that was going on with George and I, and with the kids and failing grades and now schlepping colin back and forth to deerfield 5 days a wk... I would have fallen apart. My time WILL come again and it WILL be with Jennifer's guidance.
I was really good with the food yesterday too. I had stuff all packed to snack on/eat throughout the day. We did hit subway for lunch but that is always a pretty safe spot for me anyhow. I was amazed however that I did drop 2lbs. 159.6 to 157.6 this morning. I'd really like to see 150 before the end of the year, maybe even the upper 140's. Then I will have until March to hit 140 or less or I don't get to go to PHAT camp w/Jen Hendershott- then hang onto that and contests start up in April... Kevin's nxt show is May. Heck I'd only have 5-10 pounds to drop by then to be ready!
Today is getting the DVD's put together or starting on them. Actually that's all G's job.. I'm just helping where I can by typing up all the competitors name, etc in an excel spreadsheet and making sure the internet video's run from my laptop when he posts a new one. He went a different route this year, recording directly to the hard drive (on tape too just in case) and its made the process 100% smoother. He is already to authoring part, where before he would still be dumping tape to hard drive.
I guess just like weight loss we learn new and improved things each go around... Hit the gym for cardio today too 65 min on t.mill, now its time to shower and hit the store, maybe some leg work later if I'm up for it, if not tomorrow..

No comments:
Post a Comment