UGH how stupid of me, for a couple of reasons, to NOT work legs in almost two months. #1 they are my WORST area and should be worked no matter what and #2 laying off for almost two months, today's workout is gonna kill me with DOMS(delayed onset muscle soreness).
Squats - 1 warmup set, x 10 x 70, working sets 1 x 12 x 95, 1 x 10 x 95 and 1 x 3 x 95 my legs we about to buckle hence the lame 3 reps on last set. I want to get back to being able to squat 175 lbs for 5 to 6 reps!! All in due time I guess.
Leg Extensions - 1 w/u set x 10 x 48, working sets 1 x 8 x 60, 1 x 6 x 60, 1 x 8 x 60 and 1 x 8 x 60
Leg Press - another lame round since legs were killing me but anyhow 1 x 8 x 135 and 1 x 6 x 135.. another longin' to get back to old poundages, when I could but 3 to 4 - 45 pound plates on each side. I'm really hoping the muscle DOES have memory as they say..
Barbell Dead Lifts - only 2 sets x 10 x 45
I shoulda worked calves in there but just didn't have it in me. I did force myself to do some cardio. With Colin at the learning center I had plenty of time to kill, so I did 65 minutes total on the tredmill, this included 5 minutes warmup and 5 minute cooldown, and then in between I did run/walk intervals.. Well actually jog/walk.. OH that first stint was hard too, didn't think my legs could move after the RT workout, but eventually they got the hint. Afterward I grabbed a quick shower, hit the Lifetime cafe for a protein drink and an OK protein cookie. I have to start planning and packing meals. Lifetime cafe has some ok sandwiches and salads but they are pricey. Over $6 for what I had today and while that's ok once in a while, it can't be an everyday thing.
So I will have to get creative with some meals that would be ok to eat cold since I have no access to microwave to heat anything up. I can deal with cold chicken breast and cold steak and the hickory smoked tuna pouches will be ok too but with him at the center 5 days a wk, for 4 hrs, those meals will get mighty boring fast.. But I will learn to get creative once again..
George is in Texas for a couple of days for some training. I'm hoping he will get some time to speak with his ex regarding Colin. I don't want her to be able to say we never told her about this and its important to me that we all commuincate. And this is so very important for Colin to do. He actually had a GREAT first day.. He was excited to go when I picked him up at school today and he was all smiles when I picked him up after his session today. Only the first day but I sure hope it holds out.
George was very sweet today too telling me how much he loved me and how wonderful it is for me to be doing this for Colin. I was very touched, but in reality I'm not doing anything or at least I don't feel like I am. In reality it is he that is doing the most by working his ass off to be able to provide this additional help for his son, cause it ain't cheap and for also picking up some slack for me financially since my hours will certainly be reduced and so will my paycheck and it was only part time as it is already.
while granted its only the first day, so to speak, for me to.. It actually kinda forces me to go to the gym to kill time, so I benefit there. And it gives Colin and I some time to bond a bit. he even told me thank you today on the way home. I think he knows this won't be a piece of cake but he also knows in his little 12 yr old heart, this will help him become a better student in the end. I could not ask for more than to see him take pride in himself, something I never did as a kid and still don't do as an adult, and if it means I shuttle him to Deerfield and back every day to provide that for him, then so be it.
I can tell the traffic on the way home will be hell from time to time, how George deals with that sometimes 4 to 5 days a week is beyond me, but I'm gonna find out, but at least for the most part I deal with one area of rush hour...he gets it in Milwaukee and then again near Chicago.. It took us an hour to get there today and an hour and 1/2 to get home. Colin got a nap on the ride home and since I was up at 4am today, I'm about ready for nighty night myself.
time to fill the void in my tummy, then curl up with a good book and I will be asleep in no time.

No comments:
Post a Comment