Saturday, November 05, 2005

Day 5

Feeling like a total slug today. However got out with the run club today for our 5K training session. Today we did 2.3 mile route of 45 second jog/30 second walk. Afterward we went back inside and one of the personal trainers at the gym who is himself a runner, gave us pointers/advice on running form, hand placement, gait, stride, etc. I didn't realize I run with my shoulders hunched up so I need to work on this.

I had George drop me off at the club so I'd have to get myself back. We only live 2miles from the gym so I got in another 2miles of run/walk sessions. I had a pleasant surprise when I got home too. G had gotten laundry going, had vacuumed and dusted our room, had candles burning so it smelled great, I love those soy candles, they burn so nice and clean. He said we all need to pitch in and keep the house running since next week we start taking Colin back and forth to Deerfield and the Lindamood-Bell learning center. It was very very appreciated and so thoughtful.

so yes, on Monday we will start with the intensive sessions at the learning center. Monday - Friday, 4 hrs a day. In theory it doesn't sound to bad but in reality we live an hour from Deerfield if traffic is flowing smoothly and with all the construction in Chicagoland, during rush hour it don't run smoothly. Colin and I should miss any hassle with traffic on the way up, we will leave by noon to get there by 1pm, but the way home, well that will be another story. He will be getting done at 5pm, so we will be in the heart of rush hour. We will handle it no matter what because I really feel this will be so very worth it.

No comments: