Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Who needs to actually trick or treat?

I think I could have filled a small bag today on my run. There was so much candy, let alone empty wrappers, I came across on the sidewalks when I was out this morning. As I usually do, I had not eaten yet, prefer to do cardio on an empty stomach, so I was getting hungry toward the end. At one point a discarded or accidentally dropped nestle crunch that I almost ran over looked pretty good... thankfully I was close to home, run was almost over and I could get a hot shower and something much better for breakfast.

I remember after trick or treat when my brothers and I were kids... we'd sit there with our candy and barter with each other.... I'll give you two snickers for one hershey bar... course our mother always confiscated our candy first to "check it" and we always got it back without the candy bars in it. her excuse was that the wrapper was torn or looked damaged. Granted there was a time and probably still is that people did ignorant things and tainted candy with drugs or put things in it, but really mom in EVERY candy bar...

Being the curious kid I was and still am, I went searching around the house and found, in the small cabinet above the sink or stove that never gets used cause its to hard to get to, a bowl FULL of candy bars.... wonder where they came from....

No comments: