Monday, November 28, 2005

Day 27 and 28

Guess the short term memory is going when you have to think about what you did just yesterday..Ah yes...
George said something that sorta hurt my feelings on Sunday, so rather than get pissed off and scour the fridge and troll for food, I just hit the gym... I did Cardio Coach V4 and boy did it kick my butt. then I decided to finish out the timer on the elliptical for 60 on elliptical, then 20 minutes on the treadmill 3.5mph @15% incline, then 10 minutes on the revolving steps, all good bootie work, besides the cardio aspect..

George showed up at the gym later and did say he was sorry. I hate that my feelings can get hurt so easily sometimes. I guess they don't from total strangers or those I don't care about but its different when its someone you love.

Today was chest/back workout.
Close grip pulldowns - 4x12x80
DB Incl.Bench press - 4x12x35
BB Bench Press - 4x12x75
DB One Arm Row - 4x12x25

Then 45 on elliptical, most of it with cardio coach V2

My left shoulder is bothering me a bit now, think maybe I came down to far on the Db inclines, will take some aspirin and see how it feels tomorrow.

Today George was heading toward deerfield so he took Colin and picked him up, he had a meeting right in the area. I guess the school isn't to happy about us extending this private tutoring beyond the 2 wks. When he went to pick Colin up today at 11:45 the principal came out with Colin.. He started to say how they could not continue to offer special treatment to Colin by providing a teacher to help him with what he is missing by leaving school at noon each day??? What the fuck are they talking about, they have hardly had to do a thing.. all I ask is for the assignments for the day and if any worksheets or handouts are given out to send them home with his sister for gosh sake. Anyhow G told the principal that it might be better to carry on this conversation at a later time (I mean Colin was right there.. would you reprimand a teacher in front of a parent???) so now there is a meeting w/principal tomorrow...

I really get the feeling George would rather I not go. I don't really understand why and it does hurt somewhat. I think I have really stepped up to the plate in fighting for the kids, making sure to check on homework, calling the hotline to check assignments, let alone driving Colin back and forth to deerfield, but I'm not suitable./creditable/worthy to meet with the principal? I think the time we had to meet with all of Colin's teachers I did very well. I was scared to death as speaking out like that is not something I'm use to but I didn't get angry, I didn't shout, I was calm cool and collected and basically stated our side of things and asked them to please tell me how I can help this child.

Guess we'll see how it turns out...

No comments: