yesterday was the last day of the first week for Colin and I and trips to the learning center. He has been a trooper about it all so I told him as a treat for a hard week (and to hopefully avoid some rush hour traffic) we would get his hair cut after his session and then it was his choice for dinner.
When I dropped him off at 1pm, he had said he wanted Subway, cool by me I know exactly how to count those calories. So I headed to the gym and got in 75 minutes of cardio, 25 on stationary bike, 25 on arc trainer and 25 on revolving stairs. Headed back to pick him up at 5pm and he must have been telling the instructors at the center we were going out to dinner, cause now he wanted Chinese. Ok but not my first choice when watching caloric intake.
There is a resturant in the complex, the Lotus Brassiere (sp?), so we went there, after all it WAS his choice, I gave him free reign. I ordered the szchewan string beans w/shrimp. OMG was it delicious. But the sodium content in that type of cooking ALWAYS leads to water retention, even if you don't eat any rice, which I didn't. So at least the meal was tasty and the company was great!
We go in and wait to be seated, we are taken to a table and this 12 yr old young man actually pulls the chair out for me to sit down, then gently guides me back up to the table. How many 12 yr olds do that eh?? I was so impressed as was the gentleman that showed us to our table. Then after dinner as we are getting ready to leave, he helps me put my jacket on. I could not ask for a better 'step-son' then this! All week he has told me thank you for taking him to the center, for helping with homework, he has come up to me this week, out of the blue and given me hugs and said I love you. My gosh its enough to melt my heart. We don't always see eye to eye on everything, but heck even blood mothers and sons don't, but its nice to know that even when those times happen, I know deep down he does still love me.
Never having children of my own, the one thing I said I would always miss is when a child, who we know are completely honest, throws their arms around you and says "mommy I love you" - I always thought that was the coolest thing when my friends children did that to their parents and now in some fashion, I have that in my life too and I can't even begin to put words to how wonderful that truly is.
Today I even got to spend some one on one time with Caitlin. She has stepped up to the plate on the home front doing small things around the house that are a HUGE help. From making sure dishes are put away to turning the crock pot meal down, to having the table set, to being a total saviour the other day when it took us 2 hrs to get home and she got side dishes all prepared so we could eat as soon as Colin and I got home.. I only had to cut the roast. So her and I had some lunch today at Ruby Tuesdays then we bummed around the mall. Now personally I hate shopping, but today was for her benefit. We even met up with her cousin Chelsea, who came back to the house to hang out for a while. She seems like a really sweet kid.
So as I said weight is up as expected but only 161, I really really thought I'd see 165 or so. I've drank tons of water today, hoping that will flush a good deal of the sodium. Haven't had or haven't put aside the time to exercise today, hopefully I will be able to get up tomorrow early and go for a run before we head to the bodybuilding show.
yes Saturday will be a long day. George is the video guy for Kevin Noble's NPC natural BB show. Its in Belvidere IL and if its anything like past show's he has video taped (to include the show I competed in last November) we will get up there around 10a.m. and be getting home around midnight. So to that end I must get a cooler packed with some healthy choices to eat and then get my jammies on and get some shut eye...

No comments:
Post a Comment