Got in my cardio for the day... I managed 45 minutes on the tredmill. I truly hate when I get lazy and put it off for later. I guess I'm always hoping I will have someone to go with me but I don't when I go in the morning and then when I wait, I don't seem to get as much out of it? Why that is I'm not sure.
Going to the learning center tomorrow to get the results of the tests Colin took. I guess as a parent, or sudo-parent in my case, you never want to hear your child has learning difficulties. However I think this learning center will be just what he needs to get back on track. He truly is a GREAT kid and he is not stupid at all, but something, somewhere isn't clicking. All I want for him is to see the look of pride on his face more often, the same look he had Friday when I got home from work and he couldn't wait to show me the A on his science test.
I'm not sure what George's reaction to the results will be.. I guess any parent, well any good parent, will automatically want to blame themselves. But the brain and how a particular person learns is such an individual thing. Hopefully they will be able to show Colin's ways to make learning easier for him.
Colin and I seem to be getting along pretty well in spite of the fact I do keep on him about his school work.. He is very disorganized and I think a lot of that comes from feeling overwhelmed with things. Today I took the time to clean his room and I thought he'd go thru the roof.. It wasn't really all that bad just tons of clutter, everywhere, once I got started, I was done in an hour. He came home from school and with that sheepish grin of his said "Kim did you move something in my room" I said why yes I did, all that clutter... He came down stairs and gave me a huge hug and said thank you, it looks very nice. I asked him to promise me to keep it that way that all it took was putting dirty clothes in the basket and wrappers or empty soda cans in the trash.. He said he would but I told him I WAS going to check on it each day.
Maybe all he has needed was someone to pay attention to him... Not that George doesn't, he does, but having been a child of divorce myself, I think kids go thru stages where younger boys seem to like a mother figure around and girls need their dads. I 've always said, girls gravitate toward their dad and boys toward their mother. Yes at some age that changes but at the younger ages I believe that is true.

No comments:
Post a Comment